Sunday, May 22, 2016

Spring 2016 Anime Impressions: the first half...



Oh look, a new series A. Yoshi came up with that he's going to trash after 3 or 4 segments. Look I promise I'll pace my self this time, I won' be doing it every month, or more than once a month. I've been trying to get more into current anime, Which is a challenge since not that many newer anime really strikes my fancy. But I'll try my damnedest to find anime that'll interest me, so here's 3 anime impressions from the spring 2016 season...




IMPRESSION #1: SAILOR MOON CRYSTAL ARC 3:


Yes I'm well aware the official title is season 3, but screw you, Arcs 1 & 2 were season 1, and arc 3 i s season 2, but I can't call it that since Toei screwed up the names of the seasons bad. Seriously, why couldn't you call it Sailor Moon Crystal: Death Busters Chapter? Title confusion aside, I really think this makes major improvements over Sailor Moon S. Pharaoh 90 making a larger presence, prettier pictures, and an ongoing story. It;'s not perfect though. Witches 5 were reduced to monsters of the day, which I assumed happened in the manga, but I still wish that Witches 5 got their own good share of screen time in S. It happens better here despite it being shorter, they all get equal screen time, another problem I have with this arc is that the Daimons all look the same, but it does add to the darker themes of the season, the Daimon are no longer goofy monsters with a motif. One more nitpick, I didn't like how they removed most of the CG, Shut up, I liked the CG. The animation errors are fewer and farther between. I recommend this anime and continue watching. If you can think of a great scoring system unique tho this series, I'll do pretty much any blog you want...



IMPRESSION #2: JOJO'S BIZARRE ADVENTURE: DIAMOND IS UNBREAKABLE:


I wanted to do a JoJo blog for so long, but I couldn't get the words out. Rest Assured that I'll talk JoJo sometime sooner or later. Diamond is Unbreakable Follows Josuke Higashikata (who's Suke also translates as Jo, following Tradition), This part of JoJo might start out as School life mixed with parts of Stardust Crusaders, but if the manga is any indication, It'll get better as it goes along, with Criminals, Murders, conspiracies, spirits, and more. This story's a detective story, and has a colorful cast, flamboyant colors, and a more lean and slender art style compared to parts 1-3. The colors may hurt some eyes, but it's better than the bland browns and yellows that defined Stardust Crusaders. If you're wondering how I'd rate the manga equivalents of parts 1-4 from favorite to least favorite, it goes Battle Tendency (2), then Diamond is Unbreakable (4), after than Stardust Crusaders (3), and finally Phantom Blood (1). I recommend this series, and DEFINITELY Continue Watching, it gets better.



IMPRESSION #3: MY HERO ACADEMIA:


It's just one of those series I wish was continuous, rather than 13 episodes, 13 episodes isn't a lot of time for a decently long manga like this. This is yet another School anime, but with superheroes, It's got superheroes, superhero kids, superheroes fighting, a diverse cast. All Might sounds like he's voiced by Daisuke Gori, if he was even alive. It's a very western comic book like anime, but mixed with elements of the shonen genre. The Story's essentially Izuku wanted to be a hero, but doesn't have a quirk (or superpower), He then Gets his super power, but it takes a toll on him. He meets several other heroes and the series is going to be over before it gets to the good stuff. This is one series I pray gets an extension. Or at least a longer season 2, but I just want to punch whoever's idea it was to make a super short series. Anyway, Series recommended, and continue watching, we might get more if we do...



Well that was my halfway impressions of the spring 2016 anime, if you could possibly recommend some Summer anime I could watch, fire away. Until then this is A. Yoshi, Still waiting for that Kinnikuman Reboot anime...

No comments:

Post a Comment