Monday, November 11, 2013

My quick thoughts on Thor: The Dark World

WARNING: THIS BLOG'S SHORT!!!!!!!!!!!!


Before we get to the main subject matter of this review, let's address a couple things.




First, I'm well aware of four new Netflix series coming based on Marvel comics. At least to me, they don't look that appealing. That's all I'm saying on the subject matter.

Second, I'm also aware of Google ****ing up Youtube with It's Google+ ****. Again, I stopped caring about piddly Youtube changes long ago, I've gotten used to those changes, if they want to screw up a perfectly good site design, so be it. The only time we should start panicking if Youtube starts making you come to the site less and less as a creator, and more and more as consumer, which is probably going to happen soon, but that's another story for another time.


Onto the blog.


Thor 2 is one of the better movies of this year. Better than it's prequel, better than Iron Man 3. Best movie of the year? Maybe. But It's a damned good movie. It feels more like a space opera, with the space ships and all. It's more than just a regular fantasy epic. The story is Thor doesn't want to be King of Asgard, and his girlfriend is possessed by the macguffin that the main villain Malekith is after Thor takes her to Asgard, but The Dark Elves start a war against Asgardians and Dark Elves, and I'll stop right here to prevent spoilers, but you get the idea. There's a lot of story. But there's too much story for it's less than 2 hour running time, so it does feel a bit rushed. The characters are the same as the prequel, but Malekith is not as interesting,just very one note. One of the best parts of this film is what every Marvel cinematic universe film needs, a sense of humor, this is part of the reason I like Marvel's movies of DC's movies. The Effects and score are as good as always. Other than that, I honestly don't know what to say on this film. I give this 3.5 aethers out of 4. The only thing prevents this from getting a higher score is that I wanted this film to have just a bit more.


Also stay after the first part of the credits, just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment