Saturday, December 31, 2016

My Quick Thoughts on Ultraman Orb

ATATATATA!!!!!! 2-HIT COMBO!!!!!!

1 Year Ago...

You know, Ultraman series is getting better since the dud of Ginga, keep watching for a little while and we might see great Ultra series again


keep watching for a little while and we might see great Ultra series again


We might see great Ultra series again

great Ultra series again....


THANKS FOR PROVING, ME WRONG TSUBURAYA!!!
!

TBH. The series wasn't that bad, a major step down from the damned good Ultraman X, but I had fun with it... Let's get this show on the road, but before that...


You count the ultras 1, 2, and 3, LIFE GOES ON, ANYTHING GOES, COMING UP ORB.... Wait...




If Ultraman Ginga was High School Set Gokaiger, and if X was Cyberpunk Kamen Rider Gaim, Orb would be Giant monster fighting Kamen Rider W... Orb is kind of a weird series. I wanted something more than X, which was pretty much my favorite of the collectible era. It had a group of teenagers who run a group known as SSP, which analyzes supernatural happenings, Yep we can add X-Files to the list of of titles that Orb has elements of. They find a monster, and one day Gai/Orb sends out his Orb Ring (which is a major downgrade from the X-Devizer) and gets various forms throughout the series. and his normal form is his ultimate form, a concept just to sell more Toys of Whatever That Ultraman Classic+Tiga form is. Juggler is an interesting villain, because Ultraman doesn't usually use villainous organizations as villains, also he has badass design as a Kaiju, also there's Gai who's pretty much a Goody good much like Gentaro from Kamen Rider Fourze. Here's my problem with Orb, it's forgettable, sure that opening song is probably one of the best Ultra series songs ever, and it's sung by long time singer Ichiro Mizuki, but try to explain how Gai gets his Ultra cards and from who without looking it up, or rewatching the episode. The production values were amazing, from veteran and new monsters. That flute song played throughout the series is beautiful. Also I really liked the action, much like other Heisei era series. This series is pretty much Good enough, much like Ginga S, but not something you'll remember after a week after you just finished it. I give this 2.5 Orb Caliburs out of 4.


Welp, hoping Next year's Ultra series wows me as much as Ultraman X. and no I didn't see the Amazon Prime exclusive series, and until I see who gets to sub it first, I'll wait. Now onto a Kiss concert for new years, hope I don't get drunk, see you in 2017...


FTR: This is Bob Duck, telling you that I'll be out of town for New Years, but I'm just spending time with family. It's just the A. Yoshi Character who's going since he's just a caricature of me...

No comments:

Post a Comment