Friday, December 9, 2016

Goodbye Ghost, Hello Ex-Aid...



Before we begin, Let's talk Kyuuranger, We've all made the 9 rangers observation, but how does it look with the few pics we do have. Not that bad, granted some rangers look better better than others, but This is like Saint Seiya or Gransazer, Which I've totally got to finish up some day. I wouldn't be surprised to see some Greek gods as villains. I can't wait to see it, especially if the pattern of post anniversary seasons continues and we have a darker season... That's all I've got, now let's pass the torch of Kamen Rider series...


Kamen Rider Ghost doesn't work. It's a ripoff of Gaim with elements of Drive. The story progression is similar to Gaim, with a goofy WTF Arc To Begin with, and the character are very much like Gaim and Drive. The opening is not that great, Necrom is a ripoff of Chaser, and Other than the Gamnaizers (which appear too late into the series) the monster designs aren't that good. I did like the Ghost's Mugen Form, and Necrom Was pretty cool despite being a rip off of Chaser. However the series repaints to much assets like weapons, and yeah... This series kinda sucks, this is one of the Weaker heisei era series. And don't give me "It's a kids show" excuse You should know when even a Kids show done F**ked up. If this is your first rider series, I'm sorry, why did you not look at my top 5 must see rider series? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?


Ex-Aid on the other hand, I thought was going to suck worse than Ghost, but did it? No. In fact it's not that bad. The colors of the riders are kind of Eye-Hurty, and I don't like the Idea of the Level 1 riders looking like they belong on a little kids show, but I'm interested where this series is going (Especially that opening (Excite! Excite!). I want to know what other game genres are represented in this series. I still wish we got a rescue rider, but I guess Video games are cool too.My 2 stand outs are Lazer (who's a transformer) and Snipe (just for looking cool). The loser for this series has to be Genm (for being a ripoff of spectre from the last series). Before we end this let's talk about story. It's a more subtle ripoff of Ryuki that gaim's early episodes were, and one more thing, The monster designs are hit or miss, but they're much better than the minor Ganma from Ghost. Overall, color me interested.


So that was my take on the last rider series and my thoughts on the new rider series a few episodes in. See you again next year when do the exact same thing next December...

No comments:

Post a Comment