Thursday, November 22, 2012

Disney buying Lucasfilm, The Good and The Bad

You know what the hardest part of doing these editorial pieces, Trying to get good sources while having good, valid opinions. Without that I just sound like some random guy on YouTube. That's why most of my editorial pieces didn't turn out so good. With that said I'm a HUGE fan of Star Wars, when I say that, I mean the old Star Wars Trilogy, Not the prequels. Yep It's time to talk about Disney buying Lucasfilm. Here we go, no turning back.




THE BAD:


The biggest problem with this is that Lucasfilm made the Star Wars Prequels, rereleased Star Wars too many  times, and Disney tried to milk the HELL out of any franchise they own, turned the Disney channel into MTV for kids, SCREWED UP POWER RANGERS, and have no regards to their older audience. God knows what Disney's doing with Marvel, but if they would've bought Funimation a little over a year back, oh man, we would have been in some deep crap.  Disney, like most of the entertainment industry, doesn't care about you, they see you as walking talking dollar Signs. I have a bad feeling they're going to screw up Star Wars worse than George Lucas has to his own franchise.


THE GOOD:

There might be some light in this dark cave. For one thing Disney did have Star Tours at Disney World. That was one of the best experiences of my life. And they do have experience in the action adventure genre, John Carter, Prince of Persia, Pirates of the Caribbean, but most of those films got mixed reviews. All negative things aside, I'm be interested on how Disney takes Star Wars and Indiana Jones, Just because they have that small bit of potential they could use to make these better than the prequels.


CONCLUSION:

I'm very interested on seeing how well Disney can handle star wars. I hope they don't Screw it up like they did with Power Rangers. So yeah, I have mixed feelings towards this decision but it might be pretty damn worth it.







Well that was short, Next time...


MY ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment