Friday, June 17, 2016

Gaming Bits: the winners and losers of E3 2016...

So another E3 came and went, and it was... Interesting? I don't know, There was some good announcements, bad announcements, and there were were some major WTFs this year. Let's get to the meat and potatoes of E3 this year...




I wasn't there like a lot of you, but I kept up with the major announcements via live broadcasts, and reading about it. So here are the big winners and losers of E3.



Microsoft:

It had the best presentation out of the big 3, but most of these games weren't XBOX Exclusives. It had various people from the industry. and had some great looking games like Scalebound, ReCore, Sea of Thieves, We Happy Few, Final Fantasy XV, and Tekken 7. However There were those announcements like Battlefield, The Division, Gears, among others that I didn't care for. the new features I didn't care for, especially considering that most of the games I just named are going to be on PC or *gasp* PS4. The Xbox One Slim was announced, Yeah, ask me what I thought of it when more details are known. The Scorpio was announced, and that's about it, no specs, no features, just boasting about what it's capable of. I don't know why Micro$oft thinks the XBOX has an actual future when most of the games are available on PC. Just release the Windows 10 Box already.



AMD PC Gamer Show:

This takes the criticisms of last years PC Gamer show and learns from it, It has more games, is faster paced, and no part really drags on. There were a lot of FPS Games though, which in their defense, is a great benchmark for graphics on the PC. Still Only a few games caught my eye, Mainly Dual Universe. As far presentation goes, there were some new graphics cards, and an amazing speech, If a little draggy, by Warren Spector. But still, this E3 Tradition has a long time to go before it becomes the amazing show that PC master race guys deserve.



Sony:

It had games, exclusives, and too much gameplay. It had games like Spiderman, Horizon, Resident EVII, more Final Fantasy XV, Death Stranding, Detroit, God of War, and Last Guardian. Other announcements I didn't care for (like Until Dawn, Lego Star Wars, and CoD). There was also a ton of VR games, yeah. The 2 things that pissed me off were 1) too much gameplay and not enough presentation, and 2) That Crash Bandicoot announcement, It was fine that we got a remaster of the first 3 games, but what sucks is the Skylanders announcement. It's like that 2 hit combo from Nintendo's 2015 E3 presentation with Metroid and Animal Crossing derailed., I would've liked more Vita games, but that's a lil' much to ask for considering that system's sales in the US are worse than the Wii U's. I would've also liked more Neo news or A PS4 Slim (especially with Microsoft's bombshells), but I'm happy with what we got.



Nintendo:

I Feel Like I shouldn't be acknowledging this conference, but since it is one of the big 3, I should at least entertain to their game. Lets get this out of the way it's better than their presser from last year. but it's still kind of S**T. I have to give them credit where credit is due, They did start out kind of strong with them addressing in addition to the Orlando Shooting, They also payed respect to Christina Grimme. Also They showed some solid features and gameplay for Pokemon Sun & Moon as well as Zelda: Breath of the Wild (complete with a trailer), but they focused too much on the BotW for the first day, Which seemed to go on forever. Day 2 was a bunch of 3DS Games, which they spent too much time on, which I may or may not buy, but it Feels like the Wii U is all but dead to them. At least we still have NX to look forward to...


Yoshette 1: Ummm.....




A. Yoshi: S**T BISCUITS, I REALIZE NINTENDO COULDN'T BE THIS STUPID!!!! THANKS FOR PROVING ME WRONG!!!!! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!! I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU! 


A. Yoshi needs to cool down but please rest assured that his gaming fandom, at least the way we know it, is going to be dead in a few years... Please stand by...


















Joe Tokugawa: Hey this is Joey T. with the top 10 Boob Pokemon, Number 5 Just might shock you, Lets get started with number...



AY: NO NO, Just NO!!!!! I wish this E3 Recap ended better than this, but onto the Next Gaming Bits...



NEXT TIME:


Happy 20th Nintendo Sixt... Wait It's in less than a week? I FORGOT!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment