Friday, December 25, 2015

My quick thoughts on Star Wars: The Force Awakens

ATATATATA!!!!!! 3-HIT COMBO!!!!!!!!!!
Mild Spoilers Ahead!


Short version, Solid B, Good but not great, Not as good as the original trilogy, maybe the next 2 movies will be the ones that determine this one's quality. Yeah, go see it, You'll have a good time...




Ever since disney bought Lucasfilm, I've been very nervous about the new trilogy they announced soon after. They did do a good job with Marvel, but then again they were hit or miss with Power Rangers. But with Star Wars Episode 7, they told a soft retelling of the original star wars, basically it's the exact same movie, but makes improvements, For one they have a more diverse cast of characters of different races, and more gender equality. It also has a feel of nostalgia and tells the story in a more coherent manner. Some of the dialogue needs work, but it's just as believable as a cast. Kylo Ren I can't talk much about since that'll require spoiling the movie, but think of him like an inbetween of the interesting meter of Anakin from the prequels and Darth Vader from the original trilogy. Finn is pretty funny and made to be sort of a comic relief character. Rey might as well have a sticker saying "I'll be more interesting in the next 2" since she has potential, but it's not used to the fullest here. The veterans are really good in the whole passing the torch kind of role, Minor spoiler, Han has an end to his character arc this movie, Leia Has some interesting exchanges with Han, and Luke isn't what you thought he was going to be, but he'll be more important next movie. The effects and the score are up to par with the originals, and the 3D IMAX really helps, I wish I could say more but You HAVE To see this movie to see how much Star Wars has been fixed since the prequels. I give this 3.25 First Order TIE Fighters out of 4.


Duck Nukem: ARE YOU KIDDING THE FILM SUCKED, IT WAS A F**KING RIPOFF OF A NEW HOPE, I BLEW UP THE THEATER, YOU HEAR THAT I BLEW IT UP GOO... HEY WHOA WHOA WHOA HEY, I'M TALKING!!!!!


A. Yoshi: That's all the time I have for today, I've got one more blog to write this year, and you'll see 2 more posts by the end of the year...

No comments:

Post a Comment