Out of all the April fools jokes pulled in the past 10, 5, or even the past couple of years, one of the most CRUEL is Toonami's supposed return. I'll admit i was there for a good chunk of it. However this not my thoughts on Toonami's supposed return (more on that later), The first part's gonna be some backstory, so without further ado, here we go:
While there isn't any real official backstory, there is this:
Cartoon Network canceled Toonami in '08 without ant prior notice, proly because of low ratings *shrugs*. Several years later, Either because of the mild internet buzz, wanting to gain their old fans back one way or another, or just as a "funny" April Fool's joke they presented the one night inspirational, celebrational, muppetational (ok maybe not that) return of:
HELLZ YEAH, TOONAMI WAS BACK FOR A ONE NIGHT RETURN THAT CREATED THE MOST INTERNET BUZZ CARTOON NETWORK SEEN RELATED TO THEM IN YEARS!!!!!!
OK that was a bit excessive but don't tell me you weren't there if you found out about me from this blog. Now that we've gotten that out of the way, lez think of ways 2 bring back Toonami permanently:
If you're on Twitter or Google+ (which has been available to pplz under the age 18 for quite a while) use the hashtag #BringBackToonami in as many posts as you can. Hell, even use #Toonami as a hashtag.
http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/feedback/index.html go to this link click on Programming>Toonami and put true messages (not spam, mean spirited, or Internet Lingo) at least once a week, but not too much at a short amount of time.
Send letters to:
1065 Williams Street
Atlanta, Georgia 30309
President, Cartoon Network
1050 Techwood Drive
Atlanta, Georgia 30318
And Finally here come my suggestions
1. Put it on late night, Fridays and Saturdays. Listen up if Toonami's goin' to have any hope of surviving, it would be on Fridays and Saturdays, 11pm cst-5am cst. It's the best time for Toonami nuts to watch and look forward to every week, or every other week. I know I would.
2. Make it feel like Toonami. Make it more than adult swim with a Toonami shell, Make it have Intros for the block and for the individual shows, put commercial break bumpers, put Game reviews, put Story arcs, put what's next for Toonami near the end of each show, and put outros at the end of the block. If you really wanted to, I'd recommend put new stuff (I don't know what, but put in anything you can feel like).
3. Create new cinemas, that is all. Just don't make 'em look like that Thomas the Tank Engine chew toy from '07-'08.
EDIT: After thinkin' 'bout it, That could be a whole story arc for the block. TOM 4.0 is revealed to be an imposter, and just flat out murders tom 3.0. We have to get a new TOM, and a new Absolution, With New Weapons, a new look, and new SARA.
4. PROGRAMMING. On April 1st we got classic Toonami, which would be good for a while but, the novelty soon wears off. Also as i said we don't want Adult Swim with a Toonami shell, What if we combined classic Toonami, Adult swim, and New stuff. The problem is that what shows do we show. Maybe a Rurouni Kenshin Style show, a Gundam series, A Tenchi series, Dragon Ball Z, Sailor Moon, Another Giant robot series, Something Gritty, some American Shows, and anything else Fitting for Toonami. here's my Toonami Fantasy Draft.
11:00 PM cst: Bleach
11:30 PM cst: Sailor Moon
12:00 AM cst: Dragon Ball Z (UNCUT, NOT KAI, SKIP OF THE GARLIC JR. SAGA)
12:30 AM cst: Gundam 00
1:00 AM cst: Tenchi Muyo: Ryo-Ohki (ALL 3 PARTS)
1:30 AM cst: Outlaw Star
2:00 AM cst: YuYu Hakusho
2:30 AM cst: Thundercats (NEW Version)
3:00 AM cst: Guyver: The Bioboosted Armour
3:30 AM cst: Ranma 1/2
4:00 AM cst: Escaflowne
4:30 AM cst: Fullmetal Alchemist
Show movies every 2-4 months Like Akira, Ghost in the Shell, Batman Mask of Phantasm, DBZ Movies, Sailor Moon Movies, Tenchi Movies, Gundam: Char's Counterattack, Gundam F91, Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz, Escaflowne Movie, Blue Sub. #6, Giant Robo (put into 3 parts), Dangaioh, Macross II, The Guyver OVA (put into 2 parts), Ranma Movies, and Princess Mononoke.
(For the OVAs just put 'em together to form 1-part or multi-part movies)
Just acquire the licences to said shows and you're good, 'cept for one thing...
5. Don't be afraid to show mature content, or at least censor it. This relates to 2 shows in particular, Ranma 1/2, and the Guyver. With Ranma, If you're so afraid (Which I don't see why you would) censor Ranma's bare breasts, But do me a favor and don't, I put it at a late time slot for a reason. Also with the Guyver, same deal. Censor blood, not recommended, late timeslot.
6. Give us sponsors we like. Minor complaint, but do you want more money from your sponsors, sponsor Burger King, Mountain Dew, GameStop, Mass Effect 3, Xenoblade, etc.
Overall, CN wants Toonami Back, the just need to get licenses and see how much buzz it can generate. To Adult Swim, Take my suggestions into consideration, even if I doubt you will. To Toonami Aftermath, if they do bring back Toonami, you might want to downgrade to a regular fansite just to avoid any legal trouble. And too all my fans, do you like my suggestions? Would you add more? Why? Do you like my Fantasy draft? Would you switch any shows with another or switch timeslots? Answer all these questions and I'm goin' to take them into consideration.