Sunday, July 3, 2016

Spring 2016 Anime Impressions: the second half...

Welp, 13 weeks have passed, and two of the three anime series I've been following have concluded with their seasons for the year. Now onto the Summer anime season, which I won't be watching for the most part since none of he series interest me. Did the series I watched this spring keep my interest throughout this season? Find out this and more as we say sayonara to the spring animes...




FINAL THOUGHTS ON SAILOR MOON CRYSTAL: SEASON III:

I mentioned my thoughts on the death busters arc of Sailor Moon Classic back last July, but the anime did it so much better.... There was more of an apocalyptic feel, Sailor Saturn Got more Screen time, There were attacks not in the original S Arc of Sailor Moon, and best of all, the final battle was bigger and felt more epic. It didn't need 2 episodes to pad out the length, with time that could've been spent making the final battle better. Also the season ended in a cliffhanger. If you want to know if I think Crystal will get another Season, I talked about it on my Screwattack blog, but It was a fun ride, and it's crazy we have to wait another year for Season IV, or Arc 4, or even the Dead Moon Circus Arc, whatever you want to call it...



CURRENT THOUGHTS ON JOJO: PART 4: DIAMOND IS UNBREAKABLE:

Let's get this out of the way, it's pretty episodic, and at times comedic, but If the ending of Red Hot Chili Pepper: Part 2 is any indication, It's getting there, Joseph Joestar's back in the picture, and he's an old man now, but isn't any less capable than he was in Stardust Crusaders. He'll have a reduced role for most of the story though... If you never read the manga and shocked that Akira Otoishi wasn't the main villain, It might be the greatest fake out for any anime in recent memory, almost as much as it was back in 1993 when the manga was in Weekly Shonen Jump. I'll admit I'll keep watching it, but I won't be mentioning it that much here, But I'll try to address it somehow...



FINAL THOUGHTS ON MY HERO ACADEMIA: SEASON 1:

It's done, and I want more. Just the fact that Naruto is stuck in Filler Hell, and we're likely getting more Naruto after the series is done because people just can't move on yet Hero Academia doesn't get an ongoing series speaks volumes of the anime world's priorities. Hell, Bleach is still on on it's final arc for... Frak, lost count long ago. but as far as the series goes, it was a fun ride, not really top 20 material, but it's a lot better than a lot of modern anime. After 13 episodes, the series still has it's baby teeth. Izuku still has minimal character development, Katsuki still isn't fully on the team, and I still wish this was an ongoing anime. However The ensemble cast was interesting, the fights were crazy, and it shows potential for all the good things presented here. Overall not bad for a trial run. Can't wait for more...



Thanks for reading this, see you all in the fall (possibly), until then look forward to a Kamen Rider Amazons review only on anonymousyoshi007.blogspot.com. You can also look forward to seeing a top 20 anime list soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment