Wednesday, August 12, 2015

My quick thoughts on Ultraman Ginga S...



Today we're going to talk about Gingama... Wait there's a smudge from the A&W I was drinking last night. I'm actually reviewing Ultraman Ginga S...

Get the hate mail ready, I mean go to your email account/client to send Death Threats to me. I'm not a big fan of Ultraman... Do I hate it? NO!!!! I rather kind of like it. but once you've seen Ultraman, you've kind of seen Ultraman. This Especially goes for the Showa/Early Heisei era Ultra shows. There's its strong points, like the creative monsters (a la Power Rangers/Super Sentai (special mention goes to that totem pole monster from Mebius), and the designs of the Ultras themselves, especially the later Heisei Ultras. I believe I talked about Ginga Orignial a year ago, and needless to say, IT SUCKED!!!!! Bland characters, religious undertones, and an abuse of filler. Ginga S is longer, but is it better than The Original?







Basically after Ultraman Ginga, a new threat attacks earth. Alien Chibu (From Ultraseven) in a Krang like Mecha suit and his android servant Android Zero-One. The Victorian (a Underground Tribe who runs on Victorium) gives Shou (Who's a flamboyant prince) the Victory Lancer so he can transform into Ultrman Victrory, on above the underground, Hikaru (from the first series) gets recruited to UPG (or Ultra Party Guardians) and becomes Ginga once more. I like Victory's design for being unique witha  black and yellow color scheme. Both Ultramen Ginga and Victory have their special power ups, Ginga gets Strium mode (Who looks like a lightly armored Ginga), which gives him the power of the 6 original Ultra Brothers. Victory gets weapons based off of Kaiju, like one kaiju gives him a tommy gun like weapon, and another gives him a sword... If Ultraman Ginga can be described as Kamen Rider Fourze with elements of Ultraman, religion, and Gokaiger, this can be described as Good Kamen Rider, meets Gokaiger, with elements of Ultraman. even though it's cliche, I like gow the series goes more sci-fi than Ginga. It's got a villainous organization, mooks, and a good organization. One problem I had with Ginga was that the series had very little personality, but Hikaru and the new Characters have just a little more personality. The one character I don't like is Shou, he's just eyecandy for the female audience, but he's more interesting as Victory... Overall the series is decent, but not exactly good. I give this series 2.5 Strium Braces out of 4.



Let's see if Ultraman X is any better or worse once the series is completed...

No comments:

Post a Comment