Thursday, April 2, 2015

Geek Grub #0.1: BK #ChickenFries thoughts...

Were you expecting a blog on something else? Perhaps something related to the biggest ripoff $90,000 can buy? Well here's a food review...



So I had Burger King's chicken fries today, and they're pretty damn good. Let me explain my history with BK... Once upon a time, I really liked Burger King. Mainly for their Pokemon toys, and their food was pretty good too. Chicken tenders that change to fit certain promotions, the best fries in the business, and it was all flushed down the stinker in 2011. They keep changing the recipe to their fries, their chicken tenders in fact I was just visiting their grave for the old Burger King just the other day.


Then just earlier this year I found out about their chicken strips, which were gone a month after I found about them. Just a month later (I think), I learned that they brought back the chicken fries. I had them today and here's my thoughts...


They remind me of the old chicken tenders they used to have. That can be a good or bad thing depending on how you look at it, but it feels kind of nostalgic for me, even if I didn't eat them when they were new, back in 2005. These also are quite spicy, which gives it more of a kick. These are nowhere as addictive as KFC's popcorn nuggets (please don't get rid of them), but it's more like their old chicken tenders mixed with their chicken strips. One last thing I want to comment on is their shape. I can see girls trying to eat it like the Yoshiette does...

*scene missing, but you kind of get the idea*

Overall, while it probably won't make me a Burger King regular again, I give this a thumbs up.

Indulge yourselves...

No comments:

Post a Comment