Sunday, February 1, 2015

My quick thoughts on Power Rangers Dino Charge Episode 1 (Spoiler: It's Boring)

SURPRISE, HERE'S THE DINO CHARGE REVIEW EARLY!!!!!!!


Yeah, short version, It's better than Megaforce, but only Marginally... In case you haven't read the title, it still sucks... Why? Let me tell you...




I'll say this much Let's talk about the positives, The Theme Song's Quasi-Orginal, Still has the Go Go Power Rangers beat to it, but at least they're trying, I do like the design and concept of Sledge, He has no character to speak of (more on that later), and it's glaringly obvious that they're trying to recreate Lord Zedd from original MMPR, but Saban's trying to deviate from the original Sentai, and that's a good thing. I also like design of the villains ship. So what exactly went wrong? Most of the things that went wrong with the past Neo-Saban Era seasons and then some. The effects are still bad, no, not because It's not the same effects as the old days, but because it looks like a Mainframe cartoon from the 90s (no scratch that, Even they look better). The heroes and villains are still uninteresting, no, not just because they're 1 dimensional, but also because they don't do a good job at what they do. The writing's still bad, no, not because it's not the Sentai, but because it's not even as good as other shows from the same franchise (i.e. In Space, Lost Galaxy, Time Force, RPM, etc.). The story is basically Sledge and his team of space criminals is looking for the Energems (the Zyudenchi from Kyoryuger) to marry his fiance Poisandra (Candelilla from Kyoryuger). The Keeper saves the Energems, but they're not found again until millions of years later. Tyler (the Red Ranger) follows Shelby (the pink ranger) to an excavation site, they morph, and...



zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........ Ehhhh, Ehhhh.... We're still talking? It's extremely generic sci-fi fantasy fluff, I could recommend seeing it to just see how generic and boring a Power Rangers/Tokusatsu Series can get, but No one should see it. I suppose Tyler has a magic daddy issues bag, but none of the characters (heroes or villains), have any character to speak of. The keeper looks the worst, looking like Lerigot (from Turbo) knocked up that salmon thing from that one episode of In Space... I give this series a 1.5 Energems out of 4 and the Official Anonymous Yoshi Seal of CRAP!!!!!! If I could wish on the 7 magic Dragon Balls right now, I'll wish for this series (for all the slight improvements it makes) to FAIL!!!!!!!! For everyone involved with it to FAIL!!!!!!! Not because I want the rights to go to someone who actually gives a damn about Power Rangers or some fanboy nonsense like that, I just don't want anymore terrible Power Rangers Series (It seems like they still haven't learned their DAMNED LESSON)... No I'm not that immature, I'll give the show a chance, I feel like I've outgrown Power Rangers, Power Rangers ain't turning to "The Walking Dead", I should lower my expectations, I know, and I realize that people actually like this, but it just feels so damn generic... Let's compare it to other PR seasons... Classic MMPR had a charm to it, Dino Thunder was a celebration of all things Tommy, much like the X-Men Movies were a celebration of all things Hugh Jackman, Maybe a bit proving the Ego thing, but it just developed after MMPR Nostalgia slowly became a thing. As much s you could make a Chuck Norris Style Meme on him, he's not the second coming of Jesus as some people claim. Dino Charge Has nothing going for it compared to Kyoryuger other than Sci-Fi elements. In Space, Lost Galaxy, Time Force, SPD, and RPM All had Sci-Fi elements. MMPR season 1 and Dino Thunder had dinosaurs. and they were all better seasons combined than this. If this is actually going towards something interesting, I'd be impressed. Samurai made me annoyed, Megaforce made me angry, right now I'm just tired, I'm tired of watching crap, I'm tired of having to see kids watch crap as if their isn't a million other better written better acted TV Shows playing in the same timeslot, I'm tired of people being told we're the problem because, "Dude, It's just a goofy TV Show, Lower your expectations", I'm Tired of not as bad being good enough, most of all, I'm tired of the whole Power Rangers thing at this point, I don't know how to fix that...


Yoshiette 1: There's a Power Rangers Movie in 2016...

A. Yoshi: Please don't suck, or Power Rangers is dead to me... Se you next time... Enjoy the rest of your Super Bowl Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment