Friday, December 6, 2013

Random Rubbish Roundup #13: Tokkyuger Looks... Yeah..., Amazon Takes to the Skies with Drones, Wonder Woman VS Batman VS Superman

I. NEED. A. DOD. DERNED. BREAK!!!!!!!!!!!

How's that for a pissed off opener, I want to stop doing blogs at least until I do my Kamen Rider 555 review. But anyway, December May or May not (no pun for last spring intended) be a boring month for blogs, but if no interesting news stories happen between 555 and now, and The Hobbit is the only movie I see this December, this might be as boring as a month as May 2012 for my blogs. But anyway today's topics are Tokkyuger, Amazon Prime Air, and Wonder Woman in Man of Steel 2.







R.CUBED STORY #1: RESSHA SENTAI TOKKYUGER:


So the first images of tokkyuger have been released, and I'm not impressed, they look like a cheap knockoff of sentai. Everything from the costumes, to the actual mechs screams cheap, I could understand if it was a throwback to 70s/early 80s Ishinomori/toku series, but if I want to watch cheesy bad effects driven Japanese superhero fair, I'd watch real pre-mid 80s toku, it's bad, but at least it was ironically good in a way, this is more likely to suck than not suck (sturgeon's law). I wasn't a big fan of kyoryuger or go-busters, and I probably won't be a big fan of this.

EDIT: I MADE A MORE DETAILED VERSION OF THIS BLOG, SO HERE IT IS, ON MY TOEI SUPER HERO TUMBLR!!!!!!


R.CUBED STORY #2: AMAZON PRIME AIR:


Amazon is experimenting with a new service called amazon prime air. Basically, you pay an extra fee, and your item should be there in 30 minutes or less via drone. This is expected to take full effect within the next 5 or 10 years. As cool, sci-fiish, and amazing as this sounds, it does have potential to screw up, for starters, it interrupts air traffic, second, this can't be fully legal, and lastly, your delivery can go missing in a matter of seconds by someone shooting it down, which leads me to...


Amazon customer service: amazon customer service, this is Megan, how may I help you?
Yoshiette 1: hi this is Yoshitte 1 and I want to know the status of my order.
Megan: oh it got shot down by wild gunmen, but you can get a discount on your next purchase.
YE1: ...
Megan: hello?
YE1: *hangs up*


Now that I've gotten that skit out of the way, my thoughts; this has potential and a lot of things that can go wrong.


R.CUBED STORY #3: GAL GADOT AS WONDER WOMAN:


So one of the girls from the fast and furious movies is Wonder Woman in man of steel 2, this could make me cautiously optimistic about the sequel to a movie that was just... Well... OK, she looks sexy as ****, I don't know how she acts since I didn't really see any of the movies she was in, since there's only a few of them, she's kind of new, but I'm now going to call this movie Batman VS Superman VS Wonder Woman: Trinity (comic fans will get the reference), so after this and the Flash, maybe a decent Green Lantern movie? Nah...




Until next time... Stay Gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment