Thursday, May 29, 2014

Hey, I'm still alive.

Sorry for the month long hiatus, but I really needed to get away from hard work that wasn't school related (I'm graduating in a couple weeks just FYI), and really needed a break because the home situation and life in my temporary house were kicking my ass. Don't worry it wasn't another depression like I felt earlier in the spring (for relatively petty reasons but still reasons), but Let's go over what I missed...




First off Pokemon Alpha Ruby and Omega... Oh I'm sorry, Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. I admit this is nostalgia pandering to extent, even if Gen III wasn't my favorite Pokemanz generation, I still want to play it, I can't wait to explore Hoenn to it's fullest extent. Still I can't really imagine how Gen III will work using Pokemon X and Y's Graphical Style. Also I can't wait for possibly getting a challenge in a Gen VI Pokemon game.


Second, Power Rangers is getting a movie, again, This time the Budget is Bigger, It'll look better, and the audience will be badder. OK, I'm a bit worried, since Saban hasn't been doing a good job handling the property, but I'm interested in seeing ow this goes, as long as they hire someone who's passionate and serious about the source material, just look how good those MMPR fan films work out. Please don't frak it up Saban and Lionsgate.


On the other side of the world Kamen Rider is getting it's 16th heisei era series, DRIVE!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe it's based on Cars, who knows, but it's only a matter of time before we get Televi-Kun screenshots.


Also in relevant Japan news, Sailor Moon is finally getting a rerelease in the US of A, All I can say right now is FREAKING. FINALLY!!!!! I'll have more details later, but count on a blog in the very near future.


In movie related junk, I saw Amazing Spider-Man 2, It was Good, but not great. It dragged on at times, and the first one and the originals are better, but It had great action, some improvements over the first one, but yeah, it doesn't fully work. I give this 3 Rhino Suits out of 4.


The other movie I saw was X-Men: Days of Future Past. Again Not a bad movie, just not a great one. It has plot holes up the whazoo, and it doesn't feel like an X-Men Movie, but It did have a lot of drama and action, but I feel like the best adaptations work just as good as adaptations as they do actual movies, Sure it's OK to be different, just look how good the Dark Knight Turned out, but this is too different. Still Better movie than the above, I give this 3.25 Sentinels out of 4.


And Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice scares me, just for the sole fact that DC is rushing into Justice League before Avengers 3. This is probably too good of a idea for a movie to work. We have Cyborg, and Batman got revealed, but still it looks like they haven't learned their lesson with Man of Steel.


That's All I've got today, but expect a Megaranger Review soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment