Monday, October 31, 2016

A. Yoshi Response: EZ Rider's Dairanger review (plus some reflections)...

ATATATATA!!!!!! 2-HIT COMBO!!!!!!
Read this and watch this for context...


My Dairanger review is one of my most popular reviews, yet It was made obsolete when My Megaranger review happened, It's still one of my reviews over 3 years later, It was mainly a coping mechanism for when I was forced out of the TGWTG/CA/Marzfandom. So Kaylyn if you're reading this thanks for motivating me to finish this great martial arts fantasy henshin series. I Bring this up because Fellow toku critic EZ Rider finished his 2 month endeavor of reviewing this series, looking at both reviews is like night and day. I actually had a lot of references to Power Rangers, Video games, etc. and some Illuminati jokes (something EZ's review didn't have but it did have election jokes which I suppose makes it more topical) EZ got In-depth to a level that I haven't. So how does EZ's review fare? Well...


Let's talk about what my review and Rider's review have in common. We Both praise it's martial arts, We both kind of hated Kou, he doesn't completely hate him due to his abuse for a 9 year old, but abuse or not, he's still kind of a D**k. Probably the most unlikeable sixth senshi outside of Gokai Silver. I do like his design of his suit and the design of the Kiba Changer, But Tommy had the same package minus the cool kiba changer, but He was a better role model, and character. Another similarity is we give it a full on dissection, and no the levels that we do it don't matter.



There are many differences to our reviews, for one EZ's review super in depth, and is much harsher than my review, more in on that in a sec, I can be just as harsh on certain topics I like like the NX/Switch, Sailor Moon, Power Rangers Episodes, Beetleborgs, and others. He goes over several episodes I skimmed over including one I thought was just a toy commercial Heck I Skimmed over the character building mentor student episodes like the Jin/Ryo episodes since I didn't know how the affected the characters from a character development stance. He Even skimmed over the Chouryou/Dairen'oh arc because it reminded him to much of Star Wars, Which I haven't noticed but now that I think about it, I suppose Chouryou was Darth Vader (complete with a similar unmasking scene), And Archbishop Saw was the Emperor. And our senses of humor vary very much, I use Illuminati Jokes, He uses election jokes. He uses recurring jokes, I use video game and PR references. I used an embarrassing Nick Studio 10 joke (Don't ask how I know these references).



Now onto what Revelations I saw with EZ's Review, While Dairanger will likely be my favorite sentai for a long time, It's got some flaws, even could use some rewriting in some areas, Most notably the finale arc. This was planned all long from Shadam, using replicas of his friends to rise to the top. that was dumb, and there could've been a final mech battle where Dairen'oh, Won Tiger, and Daimugen fight Daijinryu controlled by Shadam, Having to Sacrifice the balance between two powers. Also that last scene of the series is a joke, and left so many questions unanswered. I Demand a Dairanger 50 years later on 2043-2044, Which isn't that far away when you think about it., But Yeah that review topped mien, just try topping my Megaranger or Carranger reviews!!!!! If I had to rank them I'd Rank the MMPR Sentais Dairanger, Kakuranger, and Zyuranger, and yes this is me admitting I was harsh on Kakuranger over the past couple years.




So yeah, a look back at my Dairanger review in honor of EZ Rider Finishing his 4 part Dairanger Review... If you enjoyed this, I have bigger things coming out in the coming months, also if you want to see more check out my Maskman Review, or the A. Yoshi Show...

No comments:

Post a Comment